Thursday, February 19, 2009

Finally in Beijing

Hey everyone!

So I finally arrived in Beijing yesterday after an amazing 10 days in India.

The trip was incredible. AE, MZ, AB and I had a lot of fun and I would definitely recommend India as a travel destination to anyone looking for a place with history, religion and good food. My favourite thing was definitely the Taj Mahal, but that is a pretty obvious one. It is majestic though, the delicate details make it truly beautiful in a very simple yet elegant way. Delhi has a lot to see and do, so we enjoyed many temples, forts and restaurants. Other than that, the wedding was amazing. It was AB's cousin and his family treated us like we were a part of their family- few times in my life have I felt so welcome after meeting someone and considering the magnitude of the occasion and how busy they all were, it made for an overwhelmingly positive experience. There are pictures up on facebook- check them out. I haven't really put comments on what everything is because I'm tired and busy adjusting but I will one day...maybe. They look pretty regardless!!!!

Ok so I am in Beijing and so far, I'm into it. Everything is much more beautiful than I expected and the campus is gorgeous. The worst thing (even worse than not being able to communicate with anyone) is the shower though. They suggest you shower between 7-9, 3-5 or 8-10 but I showered at 9.15 and there was either boiling hot water or ice cold water. I may still have shampoo in my hair because I could not deal with it for longer...abysmal!!! That, in addition to wanting a kitchen and to be closer to the subway, is sending JGao and I on a search for an apartment. If all fails, we will be great in residence, but the idea of having a place to cook and temperate water sounds amazing. Will keep you all posted on how our search turns out.

Today, we are off to Tianamen Square and to see some other Beijing sites around the area- should be exciting!!!

Much love

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment