Friday, February 6, 2009

At least we all get street cred from AB's misfortunes

I am sure most of you have heard about this by now, but one of my very best friends has been deported from Germany, contributing to the diversity of people I know and experiences I am familiar with. If you're reading this, it probably means that you are friends with him as well and as a result can also tell people that you have a friend who was once deported. Growing up (aka life outside of UWO) is already proving to be tougher than we thought. 

The downside of the increase in street cred I recently acquired is that it made for an intense and stressful day yesterday. Why? Because if AB can't be in Germany, he has to go somewhere...and the Germans have 10192873548392029816 laws and rules of how/when/where/why you can re-apply for a student visa, long story short, leading our friend back to Canada. 

So, you know how I was going to India with him to see his family and go to his cousin's wedding next week? About that.  Now you can start to picture what was going through my head yesterday.

Anyway, the story does have a happy(ish) ending. 

India is still a go for myself, MZ and AE. We'll have to make do without our favourite India man (sorry RP) but we will still get to see Delhi , Jaipur and a baller Indian wedding.  That leaves me now with 3 days in this country before I go hang out with AB's parents- but stay tuned for some fantastic pictures that I plan to take in India and post on facebook.

Love alwayssssss



No comments:

Post a Comment